- Instructions on how to apply to be a substitute teacher with the Philadelphia School District. Kelly Educational Staffing, a third-party business, is in charge of the administration of substitute teaching positions in the School Board of Philadelphia. You should submit your application to Kelly Educational Staffing directly using their online application form if you wish to work as a substitute teacher. If you don’t already have a bachelor’s degree, a recent tuberculosis test result, two reference letters, an official transcript, and any additional clearances, you’ll need to get them.
- 1 How do I become a substitute teacher in Philadelphia?
- 2 How much do substitute teachers make in Philadelphia PA?
- 3 What does it take to become a substitute teacher in PA?
- 4 How much do PA substitute teachers make?
- 5 Do you need a degree to substitute teach?
- 6 How much do substitute teachers make?
- 7 How much does Kelly Educational Services pay?
- 8 Do you need a college degree to be a substitute teacher in PA?
- 9 How do you get a substitute teaching license?
- 10 Does subbing count as teaching experience?
- 11 Do subs get paid daily?
- 12 How much do substitute teachers make a day in PA?
How do I become a substitute teacher in Philadelphia?
Instructions on how to become a substitute teacher for the Philadelphia School District. Kelly Educational Staffing, a third-party business, is in charge of the administration of substitute teaching positions for the School Board of Philadelphia. You should submit an application directly to Kelly Educational Staffing using their online application form if you wish to work as a substitute teacher. The following requirements must be met: you must have received your bachelor’s degree, a tuberculosis test that was taken less than a year ago, two letters of recommendation, an official transcript, and any necessary clearances;
- Masters Degree from an authorized educational institution is required. Professional educational experience spanning five years of full-time paid work in the field of education, with two of those years spent as a Principal/Assistant Principal/educational administrator/other leadership role at the elementary, middle or secondary school level.
How much do substitute teachers make in Philadelphia PA?
Substitute teachers earn an average of $18.90 per hour in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, according to Payscale.
What does it take to become a substitute teacher in PA?
The Practice of Substitute Teaching in Pennsylvania
- When applying for a Pennsylvania educator certificate or out of state certificate, you must also have a bachelor’s degree (or international equivalent) if you are not certified. Clearances of criminal history. Status as a citizen of the United States or as a permanent resident alien (green card)
How much do PA substitute teachers make?
In the state of Pennsylvania, the average hourly wage for a substitute teacher is $17.30 per hour.
Do you need a degree to substitute teach?
The majority of substitute teachers have at least a bachelor’s degree in education. A teaching degree in early childhood education, primary school, or secondary education is typically preferred, but not always needed for this position.
How much do substitute teachers make?
The most often cited advantages Throughout the United States, the average hourly wage for a substitute teacher is $15.83 per hour. 14.3k wages were reported as of January 5, 2022, and were last updated on January 5, 2022.
How much does Kelly Educational Services pay?
In the field of Kelly Educational Staffing, the typical compensation varies from roughly $44,609 per year for a Substitute Teacher to $50,000 per year for a Recruitment Specialist. Kelly Educational Staffing’s typical hourly salary ranges from around $17 per hour for a Teacher to $21 per hour for a Paraprofessional on average.
Do you need a college degree to be a substitute teacher in PA?
Substitute Teachers in Pennsylvania might find useful information on this page. A bachelor’s degree is required for those interested in substitute teaching positions in Pennsylvania, but not necessarily for all positions. If candidates hold a normal public education certificate, they are eligible to serve as substitutes in the classroom. Otherwise, they might submit an application for an emergency permission.
How do you get a substitute teaching license?
What It Takes to Be a Substitute Teacher
- Earn a bachelor’s degree in business administration. If your state requires a substitute teaching license, you should apply for one. Take the examinations necessary to obtain substitute teacher certification, if one is required. Once you have obtained your teaching certification, you should apply to your local school district’s substitute teacher pool.
Does subbing count as teaching experience?
Future educators can gain the practical experience they need to enter the teaching sector by substituting; nevertheless, states require certification before they can be employed as a classroom instructor. In addition, it demonstrates to prospective teachers that they have a thorough understanding of the subjects that they would be instructing.
Do subs get paid daily?
Generally speaking, the greater the cost of living, the more money a substitute teacher makes per day. Per diem (day-to-day) replacements are now compensated at a rate ranging from $20 to $190 per full day, with half days being paid at half the cost of a full day. It costs around $105 per full day to work as a substitute teacher in the United States.
How much do substitute teachers make a day in PA?
is in charge of compiling an annual report Four hundred and sixty-five (465) Pennsylvania public school districts responded with a daily rate, and based on the data from those districts, the average daily substitute per-diem pay rate in 2019-20 is $102 per day. The quoted daily fee for the bare minimum is $78 and the highest is $150.