Philadelphia, Pennsylvania’s Most Dangerous Neighborhoods
- The population of Tioga-Nicetown is 17,382. The population of Alleghany West is 18,676. The population of North Central is 21,880. The population of Strawberry Mansion is 19,690. The population of Harrowgate is 17,456. The population of Haddington-Carroll Park is 35,068. The population of Brewerytown is 10,658. The population of Haddington-Carroll Park is 35,068. The population of Fairhill is 27,298.
What are the most dangerous neighborhoods in Philadelphia?
- There are sections of Philadelphia that are quite risky, and there are regions where someone who has never been to the city before may find themselves accidentally wandering into without realizing it. Among the safest and most popular neighborhoods are those in Center City south of Spring Garden, Fairmount, Old City, South Philadelphia (the Italian Market), East Passyunk, Manyunk, and Chestnut Hill
- and those in Center City north of Spring Garden.
- 1 What areas of Philadelphia are unsafe?
- 2 Is Philadelphia a ghetto?
- 3 What is the safest place to live in Philadelphia?
- 4 Is South Philly safer than North Philly?
- 5 Is Upenn in a safe area?
- 6 Is North Philly bad?
- 7 Is Philadelphia rough?
- 8 Why does Philly have a bad reputation?
- 9 Why Philly is so dirty?
- 10 Is North Central Philadelphia Safe?
- 11 Is King of Prussia safe?
- 12 Is Cedar Park Philly safe?
- 13 Is Spruce Hill Philadelphia Safe?
- 14 Is Bella Vista Philadelphia Safe?
What areas of Philadelphia are unsafe?
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania’s 4 Most Dangerous Neighborhoods
- Tioga-Nicetown. A crime rate that is 201 percent higher than the Philadelphia average exists in Tioga-Nicetown, which has a population of 17,382 people and is now the most hazardous area in the city. Alleghany West
- North Central
- Strawberry Mansion
- Alleghany West
Is Philadelphia a ghetto?
While it is true that some ghettos exist in Philadelphia, particularly in the North Philly, West Philly, and East Germantown neighborhoods, it is not accurate that the entire city is a ghetto. While South Philly (the area between downtown and the stadiums airport) may appear to be slum to the naked eye, it is actually quite the opposite.
What is the safest place to live in Philadelphia?
These are the safest neighborhoods in Philadelphia, according to the FBI.
- Chestnut Hill
- Fairmount-Spring Garden
- East Falls
- Mount Airy
- Chestnut Hill
Is South Philly safer than North Philly?
Generally speaking, the neighborhoods of Center City, South Philadelphia, Northeast Philadelphia, and the suburban portions of the Northwest Philadelphia region are in good shape. The neighborhoods directly to the north of Center City, such as Northern Liberties and Fairmount, are likewise also considered to be rather secure.
Is Upenn in a safe area?
According to Security Magazine’s “Security 500” ranking, the University of Pennsylvania has maintained its position as the top safety and security institution in the higher education sector for the tenth consecutive year.
Is North Philly bad?
Despite the fact that other impoverished Philadelphia districts are renowned for open-air drug dealing as well as open-air drug use, the “North Philly Badlands” are well-known around the country for this practice. Many North Philadelphia neighborhoods are in disarray, and there are numerous abandoned houses and vacant lots to be found.
Is Philadelphia rough?
Crime in Philadelphia, particularly violent crime, is regularly higher than the national average, according to the FBI. It has the greatest rate of violent crime among the ten largest cities in the United States with a population of more than one million people, as well as the highest rate of poverty among these cities.
Why does Philly have a bad reputation?
To be quite honest, I believe that the “bad” reputation is due to racism. Philadelphia does not have a segregated population. Alternatively, the city’s economic conditions are severe; it is the poorest inner city in America, with significant wealth concentrated in the suburbs and a large population of middle-class, poor, and rich individuals concentrated within the city.
Why Philly is so dirty?
With the development of new communities in Philadelphia, sectional borders are blurred and litter is concentrated in some areas. Many of the issues arise as a result of the fact that good neighborhoods and not-so-nice neighborhoods are all located very next to each other.
Is North Central Philadelphia Safe?
North Central (sometimes spelled North Central) North Central is 3 percent safer than the rest of Pennsylvania’s cities combined, according to the FBI. This neighborhood is ranked 16th on a list of the most dangerous neighborhoods in Philadelphia, according to Neighborhood Watch.
Is King of Prussia safe?
At 45 crimes committed per thousand citizens, King of Prussia has one of the highest crime rates in the country when compared to all communities of all sizes – from the most remote villages to the most populous metropolitan areas – in the United States. One in every 22 people here is a victim of violent or property crime, according to the FBI’s statistics.
Is Cedar Park Philly safe?
Cedar Park is a gorgeous area with a variety of shopping, dining, and people-watching opportunities nearby. In terms of safety, it’s on par with anyplace else in the city, and you can carry your bags on the cart without much difficulty unless it’s rush hour.
Is Spruce Hill Philadelphia Safe?
Although it is one of the safer locations to live, it is not the safest – burglaries and auto thefts do occur on a regular basis. There is a wide variety of fascinating and ethnic eateries to choose from.
Is Bella Vista Philadelphia Safe?
Bella Vista is a safe neighborhood, and its members are dedicated to the maintenance and preservation of their community. The Bella Vista Neighbors Association is a non-profit organization run entirely by volunteers that provides services to the community. The BVNA is committed to ensuring that the neighborhood is safe, clean, and prosperous.