Wilmington, in the state of Delaware, is the nearest city to Philadelphia. It has a population of around 70 000 people. It’s around 20 kilometers distant.
What is the distance between Delaware City and Philadelphia?
- Delaware and Philadelphia are separated by 120 kilometers of land. Approximately 75 miles separate the two points in this air travel distance calculation. Air travel (bird flight) is the quickest mode of transportation between Delaware and Philadelphia, covering 120 km= 75 miles.
- 1 How far is Philadelphia from Delaware border?
- 2 Is it cheaper to live in Delaware or Pennsylvania?
- 3 What cities in Pennsylvania are close to Delaware?
- 4 What city is closest to Philadelphia?
- 5 Is Philadelphia near Delaware?
- 6 How close are Delaware and Pennsylvania?
- 7 Is it cheaper to live in Philadelphia or Delaware?
- 8 Why are houses in Delaware so cheap?
- 9 Is it worth it to live in Delaware?
- 10 Is Wilmington a suburb of Philly?
- 11 What part of Delaware is closest to NY?
- 12 Is Newark Delaware a good place to live?
- 13 What counties are close to Philadelphia?
- 14 What state is Philadelphia near?
- 15 What cities in New Jersey are close to Philadelphia?
How far is Philadelphia from Delaware border?
There are 89 miles between Philadelphia and Wilmington in the United States. This route covers 29.5 miles on the road.
Is it cheaper to live in Delaware or Pennsylvania?
The cost of living in Delaware City, DE is -1.2 percent less expensive than the cost of living in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. In order to keep your present quality of life, you would need to earn an income of $59,278 each year. Firms in Delaware City, DE pay on average -0.6 percent less than employers in Philadelphia, PA, according to Payscale.
What cities in Pennsylvania are close to Delaware?
Delaware County, Pennsylvania is bordered by the following cities:
- Springfield, Pennsylvania
- Woodlyn, Pennsylvania
- Broomall, Pennsylvania
- Drexel Hill, Pennsylvania
- Chester, Pennsylvania
- Lansdowne, Pennsylvania
- Darby, Pennsylvania
- Yeadon, Pennsylvania
What city is closest to Philadelphia?
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania is surrounded by a number of major cities.
- Newark, NJ is 75 miles away, Jersey City, NJ is 80 miles away, New York, NY is 81 miles away, Baltimore, MD is 89 miles away, DC is 123 miles away, Virginia Beach, VA is 222 miles away, and Chesapeake, Virginia is 228 miles away.
Is Philadelphia near Delaware?
Overall, the driving distance between Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and Delaware, United States is 71 miles (114 kilometers). The entire straight-line distance between Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and Wilmington, Delaware is 46 miles. This equates to around 73 kilometers or 40 nautical miles in distance.
How close are Delaware and Pennsylvania?
Between Delaware and Pennsylvania, the distance between them is 1159 kilometers (720.7 miles).
Is it cheaper to live in Philadelphia or Delaware?
1. Lower cost of living — For practically everyone who relocates to Delaware, this is the most important factor to consider. Even in Delaware’s metropolitan areas, the cost of housing is often less expensive than comparable apartments in Philadelphia, and the state’s nightlife and day-to-day costs are also less expensive.
Why are houses in Delaware so cheap?
Prices in Delaware are about comparable to those in Maryland, although property taxes are significantly lower. Particularly prevalent in the state’s southernmost regions. Delaware does not impose a sales tax. Maryland has greater property taxes and sales taxes than the rest of the country, and the state’s income tax is also higher in most areas.
Is it worth it to live in Delaware?
As a result of the state’s scenic splendor, cheap taxes, and affordable housing, this little state is a fantastic place to live, work, and play. Hiking, sailing, bicycling, and exploring miles of scenic shoreline are just a few of the activities available for anyone seeking some exercise and fresh air.
Is Wilmington a suburb of Philly?
“We’re a city that’s a suburb of Philadelphia, a satellite city,” Phillips explained. To summarize, Wilmington is a satellite of Philadelphia and has a very high chance of being the top in its class in the near future.
What part of Delaware is closest to NY?
Get to Wilmington as soon as possible. Wilmington, Delaware, is the state’s northernmost metropolis and is only a few miles from the borders of Pennsylvania and New Jersey. It is the only city in Delaware from which it is feasible to obtain rail service out of the state and into New York City.
Is Newark Delaware a good place to live?
Newark is located in New Castle County and is considered to be one of the greatest locations to reside in the state of Delaware. Living in Newark provides inhabitants with a thick suburban atmosphere, and the majority of residents are homeowners. Newark is home to a large number of young professionals, and the city’s citizens tend to hold moderate political views.
What counties are close to Philadelphia?
In the five-county region (Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery and Philadelphia counties), there are more than 4 million people, with more than 1.5 million living in Philadelphia, which is the second-largest city on the East Coast and the sixth-largest city in the United States, according to the 2010 census.
What state is Philadelphia near?
It is the sixth-most populous city in the United States and the most populous city in the state of Pennsylvania, with a projected population of 1,603,797 in 2020, according to the United States Census Bureau. Aside from that, it is the second most populated city in the Northeastern United States, after only New York City and Boston.
What cities in New Jersey are close to Philadelphia?
South Jersey’s top communities for commuters to Philadelphia
- Haddonfield. The historic borough of Haddonfield, located about 14 miles from City Hall, provides its people with quaint, small-town charm as well as a plethora of cultural possibilities.