Philadelphia, Pennsylvania has a number of high-crime neighborhoods. The rate of violent crimes in Philadelphia is 139 percent greater than the national average in the United States. Criminal activity is concentrated in regions such as Hunting Park, Elmwood, Fairhill, and Strawberry Mansion, among other places.
What are the most dangerous neighborhoods in Philadelphia?
- There are sections of Philadelphia that are quite risky, and there are regions where someone who has never been to the city before may find themselves accidentally wandering into without realizing it. Among the safest and most popular neighborhoods are those in Center City south of Spring Garden, Fairmount, Old City, South Philadelphia (the Italian Market), East Passyunk, Manyunk, and Chestnut Hill
- and those in Center City north of Spring Garden.
- 1 What is the bad part of Philly?
- 2 What parts of Philadelphia should I avoid?
- 3 Is South Philly safer than North Philly?
- 4 Is North Philly bad?
- 5 Is East Falls Philadelphia Safe?
- 6 Is North Philadelphia East safe?
- 7 Is Upenn in a safe area?
- 8 Is it safe to walk around Philadelphia?
- 9 Is Allegheny West safe?
- 10 Is Cedar Park Philly safe?
- 11 How Safe Is Point Breeze?
- 12 Is South Street in Philly safe?
- 13 Is West Kensington Philadelphia Safe?
- 14 Is the temple safe?
What is the bad part of Philly?
Tioga-Nicetown Furthermore, the number of violent crimes committed in the city is 621 percent higher than the Philadelphia average (you have a 1 in 11 risk of becoming a victim of crime), and the number of property crimes committed is 209 percent higher than the Philadelphia average. Going for a walk around the neighborhood alone at night is considered extremely dangerous.
What parts of Philadelphia should I avoid?
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania’s Most Dangerous Neighborhoods
- The population of Tioga-Nicetown is 17,382. The population of Alleghany West is 18,676. The population of North Central is 21,880. The population of Strawberry Mansion is 19,690. The population of Harrowgate is 17,456. The population of Haddington-Carroll Park is 35,068. The population of Brewerytown is 10,658. The population of Haddington-Carroll Park is 35,068. The population of Fairhill is 27,298.
Is South Philly safer than North Philly?
Generally speaking, the neighborhoods of Center City, South Philadelphia, Northeast Philadelphia, and the suburban portions of the Northwest Philadelphia region are in good shape. The neighborhoods directly to the north of Center City, such as Northern Liberties and Fairmount, are likewise also considered to be rather secure.
Is North Philly bad?
Despite the fact that other impoverished Philadelphia districts are renowned for open-air drug dealing as well as open-air drug use, the “North Philly Badlands” are well-known around the country for this practice. Many North Philadelphia neighborhoods are in disarray, and there are numerous abandoned houses and vacant lots to be found.
Is East Falls Philadelphia Safe?
East Falls is a small town in the United States that is located in the northeastern part of the state. There were the third fewest violent crimes and the fourth fewest property crimes per person, all of which contributed to a low potential for inhabitants to become victims of any form of crime—a one in 47 chance, according to the statistics.
Is North Philadelphia East safe?
North Philadelphia is not a popular tourist destination, despite the fact that it is home to a number of historically significant sites. Philadelphia is a rather safe city on the overall. The vast majority of crimes and killings are isolated incidents that are virtually invariably drug-related.
Is Upenn in a safe area?
According to Security Magazine’s “Security 500” ranking, the University of Pennsylvania has maintained its position as the top safety and security institution in the higher education sector for the tenth consecutive year.
Is it safe to walk around Philadelphia?
However, while the city’s main tourist destinations, such as Center City, are typically safe, regular tourists report that other portions of the city (such as the South, North, and West Philadelphia) may be quite hazardous. While you’re here, remember to use common sense: keep your valuables close to you (and preferably concealed from view) at all times.
Is Allegheny West safe?
It’s safe to say that there is almost no crime in this neighborhood.
Is Cedar Park Philly safe?
Cedar Park is a gorgeous area with a variety of shopping, dining, and people-watching opportunities nearby. In terms of safety, it’s on par with anyplace else in the city, and you can carry your bags on the cart without much difficulty unless it’s rush hour.
How Safe Is Point Breeze?
According to the Safe Towns Index, Point Breeze is in the 73rd percentile for safety, which means that 27 percent of cities are safer, while 73 percent of cities are more hazardous. The scope of this investigation is limited to the appropriate limits of Point Breeze.
Is South Street in Philly safe?
South Street is rather secure during the daytime, but it’s a game of chance in the evening on this street. There has been a problem with wandering flashmobs of teenagers from the neighboring communities, which have become increasingly violent in the previous several decades. You should be OK if you walk with a sense of purpose.
Is West Kensington Philadelphia Safe?
Philadelphia is the poorest of the United States’ major cities,6 and Kensington is one of the poorest neighborhoods in one of the poorest cities in the country. Kensington has a violent crime rate that is around 30% higher than the rest of Philadelphia (328 violent crimes per 10,000 population) than the rest of the city.
Is the temple safe?
619 incidents were reported in total, which is a significant increase from the previous year. 2019 saw a total of 619 safety-related incidents involving students on or near Temple University’s campus or other Temple-affiliated locations. Three thousand nine hundred and ninety-nine colleges and institutions that reported crime and safety statistics reported 3,886 occurrences or fewer than this.