- The Electric City Trolley Station and Museum. 224.
- Electric City Aquarium Reptile Den. Aquariums
- Pennsylvania Anthracite Heritage Museum
- Scranton Lake Walking Path
- Montage Mountain
- Houdini Museum, Tour Magic Show WEEKENDS
- Houdini Museum, Tour Magic Show WEEKENDS. 166.
- Houdini Museum, Tour Magic Show WEE
What is the nearest airport to the city of Scranton, Pennsylvania?
- Wilkes-Barre/Scranton International Airport (AVP / KAVP) is the nearest major airport to the city of Scranton in the state of Pennsylvania. This airport is located 9 miles from the heart of Scranton, Pennsylvania.
- 1 Is there anything to do in Scranton?
- 2 What is Scranton famous for?
- 3 Is there a Dunder Mifflin in Scranton?
- 4 Is Scranton Pa safe?
- 5 What kind of town is Scranton?
- 6 Are there mountains in Scranton Pennsylvania?
- 7 Is Scranton Pa poor?
- 8 What is living in Scranton like?
- 9 What is Scranton named after?
- 10 Is there a Chili’s in Scranton?
- 11 Why was Scranton chosen for The Office?
- 12 Can you see The Office building in Scranton?
- 13 Is Scranton a depressed city?
- 14 Is Scranton Pa a good area?
- 15 How far is Scranton from Philadelphia the office?
Is there anything to do in Scranton?
Attractions in Scranton, Pennsylvania
- It’s called the Electric City Trolley Museum. Everhart Museum image courtesy of Wangkun Jia / Shutterstock. Church Picnics, courtesy of Jeffrey / flickr. Photo courtesy of YusufOzluk/Shutterstock. Other attractions include the Lackawant to Coal Mine Tour, the Erie Lackawant to Dining Car Preservation Society, the Electric City Aquarium Reptile Den, the Rattlesnake Falls, and the Houdini Museum.
What is Scranton famous for?
Scranton is well-known for producing Nottingham lace, which is made in Nottingham, Pennsylvania. The decline and eventual extinction of the coal industry in the city began in the 1950s, and the city gained national notoriety for its “Scranton Plan,” which created jobs via industrial growth and garnered federal funding.
Is there a Dunder Mifflin in Scranton?
Lackawant to County is located in Pennsylvania. Dunder Mifflin Scranton is a division of the Dunder Mifflin Paper Company situated in Scranton, Pennsylvania, in Lackawant any County. It is a subsidiary of the Dunder Mifflin Paper Company. The Scranton Business Park is situated at 1725 Slough Avenue, Suite 200, and is accessible by car or on foot. It serves as the primary location for the television show The Office.
Is Scranton Pa safe?
For safety, Scranton is ranked 38th out of 100 cities, which means that 62 percent of cities are safer than Scranton, while 38 percent of cities are more dangerous. The scope of this investigation is limited to the city of Scranton’s official limits. For a list of surrounding cities, see the table on nearby locations below. During a typical year, the rate of crime in Scranton is 31.74 per 1,000 residents, according to the FBI.
What kind of town is Scranton?
Scranton was formed as a borough in Luzerne County on February 14, 1856, and as a city on April 23, 1866, both in the state of Pennsylvania. It grew into a major industrial city, as well as a mining and railroad hub, attracting thousands of new immigrants in the process.
Are there mountains in Scranton Pennsylvania?
According to Wikipedia, the Moosic Mountains are a mountain range in northeastern Pennsylvania that runs around 32 miles from Scranton to Mount Pleasant Township.
Is Scranton Pa poor?
Scranton’s poverty rate is 23.6 percent, which is higher than the national average. One in every 4.2 Scranton inhabitants lives in poverty, according to the city’s estimates. How many people live in poverty in the city of Scranton, Pennsylvania? Sixteen thousand seven hundred and eighty-eight Scranton residents reported income levels below the poverty line in the previous year.
What is living in Scranton like?
Those who choose to live in Scranton will enjoy a thick suburban vibe, with the majority of people renting their houses. There are several pubs, restaurants, coffee shops, and parks to choose from in Scranton. Scranton is home to a large number of young professionals, and the city’s citizens tend to be conservative.
What is Scranton named after?
The city of Scranton, Pennsylvania, was created in 1866 and was called in honor of George W. and Seldon Scranton, who in 1840 established the business that would become the Lackawant to Iron and Coal Company. The Capoose and Lenape Indian tribes were the first people to live in the region, with European immigrants arriving in the mid-18th century to replace them.
Is there a Chili’s in Scranton?
There isn’t a Chili’s restaurant in Scranton, Pennsylvania. People who want their baby back (baby back, baby back) ribs, on the other hand, may locate them in neighboring Wilkes-Barre, which is only a fifteen-minute drive away. Everything about the restaurant is… well, it’s the same as it always has been.
Why was Scranton chosen for The Office?
Scranton was chosen because it was only two hours away from New York, making it a suitable location for a regional headquarters of a Manhattan-based corporation. He also recalls receiving a Valentine card from a youngster that wrote, “Made in Scranton.” When people think of Dunder Mifflin, they think of the Paper Magic Group, which manufactures greeting cards, Valentines, and other seasonal items.
Can you see The Office building in Scranton?
Visiting Office Landmarks is a good idea. In the city of Scranton, Pennsylvania Knowing that the office building (said to be situated at the fictional 1725 Slough Avenue in Scranton) and the office park are actually located in Los Angeles, where most of the recording takes place, I was prepared when I arrived in Scranton.
Is Scranton a depressed city?
Pennsylvania has a large number of dissatisfied citizens. Several Pennsylvania cities were included in the top ten least happy American regions, according to the researchers: Scranton, which came in first place; Erie, which came in third place; and Johnstown, which came in sixth place.
Is Scranton Pa a good area?
Scranton is a wonderful area to live because of the inexpensive cost of living there. It boasts a low crime rate and people who are very nice and hospitable. The greatest shopping, delicious food, and medical services are all available here. Homes of reasonable size at a moderate cost and with minimal taxes.
How far is Scranton from Philadelphia the office?
The driving distance between Scranton and Philadelphia is 125 miles, which is correct. Driving from Scranton to Philadelphia takes around 2 hours and 10 minutes.