What is the average temperature in Philadelphia during the winter?
- Daily low temperatures rise by 9 degrees Fahrenheit, from 40 degrees to 50 degrees Fahrenheit, with temperatures seldom dropping below 31 degrees Fahrenheit or reaching 59 degrees Fahrenheit. Temperatures in Philadelphia normally vary from 70°F to 87°F on July 21, the hottest day of the year, while temperatures range from 26°F to 40°F on January 30, the coldest day of the year.
- 1 How do I find past weather reports?
- 2 What is the weather like in April in PA?
- 3 What is the rainiest month in PA?
- 4 Is dew point the same as humidity?
- 5 What has happened to Weather Underground?
- 6 Did it ever snow in April in Philadelphia?
- 7 How often does it snow in April pa?
- 8 What is the coldest city in Pennsylvania?
- 9 Has it ever snowed in July in Pennsylvania?
- 10 What was the hottest day ever in Philadelphia?
- 11 What is the driest month in Philadelphia?
- 12 Where does it snow the least in Pennsylvania?
- 13 What’s good about Philadelphia?
How do I find past weather reports?
To begin, locate the place for which you want climatic data on the following map: https://www.weather.gov/ and choose it from the drop-down menu. After that, the Web site of the local WFO will be shown. On the left-hand side of the page, there will be a section titled Climate, which will be written in yellow language. It’s possible that you’ll have to scroll down the page.
What is the weather like in April in PA?
The weather in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States, in April is mild. Daily maximum temperatures rise by 11 degrees Fahrenheit, from 58 to 69 degrees Fahrenheit, with temperatures seldom dropping below 46 degrees Fahrenheit or reaching 81 degrees Fahrenheit. Daily low temperatures rise by 9 degrees Fahrenheit, from 40 degrees to 50 degrees Fahrenheit, with temperatures seldom dropping below 31 degrees Fahrenheit or reaching 59 degrees Fahrenheit.
What is the rainiest month in PA?
Philadelphia receives an average amount of snow and rain per month (Pennsylvania)
- The month of July is the month with the most rainfall (rainy season). July is the wettest month of the year on average, with 4.41 inch (112.0 mm) of precipitation. February is the driest month of the year on average, with 2.76 inches (70.0 mm) of precipitation.
Is dew point the same as humidity?
The dew point is the temperature at which air must be chilled (while maintaining constant pressure) in order to attain 100 percent relative humidity (RH). When the temperature is 30 degrees Celsius and the dew point is 30 degrees Celsius, the relative humidity is 100 percent; but, when the temperature is 80 degrees Celsius and the dew point is 60 degrees Celsius, the relative humidity is 50 percent.
What has happened to Weather Underground?
Weather Underground isn’t going away any time soon. In addition to expanding meteorological research and technology, The Weather Company, an IBM Business, which comprises WU and weather.com, continues committed to reporting the science underlying climate and weather. Everyone is aware that there is no location quite like Category 6 in the realm of weather conditions.
Did it ever snow in April in Philadelphia?
Here is a list of the most significant late-season snowfalls. Once upon a time, an April snowfall dumped 19.5 inches of snow on the city. In this section, you will find a list of some of the major snowstorms of eight inches or more that have happened since such records were first established in 1884.
How often does it snow in April pa?
In Pittsburgh, April is the final month in which it snows on a regular basis. Pittsburgh accumulates 0.16 inches of snow on each of the 1.4 snowfall days in April “(4mm) of snow has fallen. Snow falls on 47.7 days in Pittsburgh during the course of the year, accumulating to an average of 11.77 inches “There was 299mm of snow.
What is the coldest city in Pennsylvania?
Smethport, Pennsylvania, which has the lowest temperature ever recorded in the state, is the coldest spot in the state and one of the coldest towns in the contiguous United States, according to the National Weather Service.
Has it ever snowed in July in Pennsylvania?
Snowfalls in Pennsylvania in July According to Ben Gelber’s book, The Pennsylvania Weather Book, on July 4, 1859, an unique occurrence of snow flurries occurred in the state’s highlands of Bradford County, according to Ben Gelber. Again, on July 2, 1918, there were snow flakes at this location.
What was the hottest day ever in Philadelphia?
Phoenixville, Pennsylvania, saw record-breaking temperatures of 111 degrees on July 9 and 10, 1936, making those two days the warmest days on record in the state of Pennsylvania. As described by the National Weather Service, this time period was referred to as the “Dust Bowl.”
What is the driest month in Philadelphia?
The driest month in Philadelphia is February, with 2.74 inches of precipitation, while the wettest month is July, with 4.39 inches of precipitation in the city.
Where does it snow the least in Pennsylvania?
Eastward towards the Philadelphia region, the Susquehanna Valley is one of Pennsylvania’s least snowy regions, ranking third in the state. We are in a unique geographical location, being just east of the Appalachian Mountains. Cold air from the west sweeps east through the state, sinking down the east side of the mountains as it descends the east side of the mountains.
What’s good about Philadelphia?
Because Philadelphia was the cradle of the nation, it is home to a slew of historical monuments, like the Liberty Bell, Independence Hall, Betsy Ross House, the Benjamin Franklin Museum, and many others, that visitors may explore. History can be found everywhere, from these main landmarks to old rows of houses, cobblestone streets, and original courtyards, to name a few examples.