Will the Ben Franklin Bridge’s tolls be increased in the future?
- A toll increase on the Ben Franklin, Walt Whitman, Betsy Ross, and Commodore Barry bridges had been planned for 2020, but a decision to postpone the increase was unanimously endorsed by the Delaware Port Authority’s Board of Commissioners, according to authorities. For passenger cars, the fee to cross each bridge from New Jersey to Pennsylvania will continue at $5 per bridge crossing.
- 1 Does the Ben Franklin Bridge take credit cards?
- 2 How much is the Delaware Memorial Bridge toll 2021?
- 3 How much does it cost to go over the GW bridge?
- 4 How much does it cost to go over the Walt Whitman bridge?
- 5 How much is the Tacony Palmyra bridge toll?
- 6 Can you pay cash in the Walt Whitman bridge toll?
- 7 Is the Walt Whitman bridge free?
- 8 How much is the toll from New Jersey to Pennsylvania?
- 9 How much is the Delaware Route 1 toll?
Does the Ben Franklin Bridge take credit cards?
Beginning on Thursday, the Delaware River Port Authority will only take electronic payments for its bridges. The Ben Franklin Bridge may be seen above. As part of its efforts to minimize the spread of the coronavirus, the Delaware River Port Authority will only employ electronic tolling on its bridges going forward.
How much is the Delaware Memorial Bridge toll 2021?
Tolls will be $4.50 per axle for E-ZPass users and $5 per axle for cash or TOLL-BY-PLATE customers. On or after April 3, 2021, the 10-percent off-peak commercial vehicle discount for Class 2 and above vehicles will be phased out completely.
How much does it cost to go over the GW bridge?
For example, during peak hours, the cash toll rate on the George Washington Bridge, which is the crossing immediately south of the Gov. Mario M. Cuomo Bridge, is now $15 for two-axle cars and $12.50 for E-ZPass users on the George Washington Bridge.
How much does it cost to go over the Walt Whitman bridge?
In the case of passenger automobiles, the cost of traveling over the Delaware River from New Jersey to Pennsylvania will remain $5. Following a vote by the Delaware River Port Authority, it was decided that tolls on the Ben Franklin, Walt Whitman, Betsy Ross, and Commodore Barry bridges will stay at $5 in 2021, rather than increasing in 2021.
How much is the Tacony Palmyra bridge toll?
In addition to being owned and operated by the Burlington County Bridge Commission of New Jersey, the bridge charges a $4 cash toll and a $3 E-ZPass toll for northbound traffic (towards Pennsylvania).
Can you pay cash in the Walt Whitman bridge toll?
Toll collectors will return to the toll lanes on the Ben Franklin, Walt Whitman, Betsy Ross, and Commodore Barry bridges to accept cash payments for the first time in several years. In addition, drivers that go via a cash toll lane are urged to wear a facial covering to protect their identities.
Is the Walt Whitman bridge free?
$5.00 (in the westbound direction) (E-ZPass) There is no toll for automobiles traveling eastward from Pennsylvania to New Jersey. The Delaware River Port Authority is the entity that owns and operates the bridge.
How much is the toll from New Jersey to Pennsylvania?
For the first time in ten years, a systemwide toll adjustment has been implemented. Drivers who utilize E-ZPass will see a 25-cent increase, from $1 to $1.25, in their gas prices. Drivers who pay with cash will be required to pay $3 to traverse the bridges, an increase from the existing toll of $1 each crossing.
How much is the Delaware Route 1 toll?
From Dover to Christiana, the Korean War Veterans Memorial Highway/Delaware State Route 1 connects the two cities. Trucks with three axles pay $4.50, four axles pay $6, five axles pay $7.50, and six or more axles pay $9 on weekdays when using E-ZPass.