PRIMARY LINE (Northwest Philadelphia suburbs) Some of the wealthiest neighborhoods in the country, including estate towns Lower Merion, Devon, Malvern, and Gladwyne, as well as a dozen university communities such as Haverford, Villanova, and Bryn Mawr, may be found on the Main Line, which is considered one of Philadelphia’s greatest suburbs.
- This region of Philadelphia is located north of Center City and includes the neighborhoods of Bridesburg, Kensington, and Port Richmond, among others. This region, which includes the communities of Bridesburg, Fishtown, Olde Richmond, Juniata Park, New Kensington, North West Kensington, and Port Richmond, was formerly dominated by industrial activity.
- 1 What areas are considered North Philadelphia?
- 2 What towns are in Northeast Philly?
- 3 What is the Northern Liberties area of Philadelphia?
- 4 Is North Philly a bad area?
- 5 What area is considered South Philly?
- 6 Is there an East Philadelphia?
- 7 Is Fishtown in Northeast Philadelphia?
- 8 Is Northeast Philadelphia Nice?
- 9 Is Fairmount area safe?
- 10 Is Northern Liberties a good neighborhood?
- 11 Is the Northern Liberties safe?
- 12 Where should I not live in Philadelphia?
- 13 Where do black professionals live in Philadelphia?
What areas are considered North Philadelphia?
North Philadelphia also includes the neighborhoods of Brewerytown, Fairhill, Fairmount, Fishtown, Francisville, Franklinville, Glenwood, Hartranft, Koreatown, Northern Liberties, Poplar (which is roughly defined by Girard Avenue, Broad Street, Spring Garden Street, and 5th Street), Sharswood, Strawberry Mansion, and Yorktown, among other neighborhoods.
What towns are in Northeast Philly?
Crescentville, Lawndale, Rhawnhurst, Tacony, Holme Circle, Holmesburg, Upper Holmesburg, Mayfair, Torresdale, Morrell Park, Oxford Circle, Bustleton, Parkwood, Somerton, Fox Chase, Castor Gardens, Burholme, Bell’s Corner, Normandy, Summerdale, Modena Park, and Modena Park are just a few of the neighborhoods that make up Northeast Philadelphia.
What is the Northern Liberties area of Philadelphia?
21 /: Where exactly is Philadelphia’s Northern Liberties neighborhood? What is the most beautiful suburb of the city of Philadelphia? Philadelphia’s Most Desirable Suburbs
- Ardmore, Conshohocken, Exton, King of Prussia, Phoenixville, and other nearby communities
Is North Philly a bad area?
The majority of the people that live in North Philadelphia are from very impoverished backgrounds. North Philadelphia is not a popular tourist destination, despite the fact that it is home to a number of historically significant sites. Philadelphia is a rather safe city on the overall. The vast majority of crimes and killings are isolated incidents that are virtually invariably drug-related.
What area is considered South Philly?
South Philadelphia, also known as South Philly, is a section of Philadelphia that is bordered on the north by South Street, on the east and south by the Delaware River, and on the west by the Schuylkill River. South Philadelphia is also known as South Philly because of the nickname given to it by locals.
Is there an East Philadelphia?
Because the Delaware River served as Pennsylvania’s eastern border, the city was unable to expand eastward. Thus, there is no such thing as a “East Philly.” When the Consolidation Act of 1854 was passed, the remaining townships – Passyunk, Queen Village, Spring Garden, Kensington, and so on – were amalgamated into the city of Philadelphia.
Is Fishtown in Northeast Philadelphia?
In the city of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, in the United States, there is a neighborhood known as Fishtown. Its boundaries, which are somewhat contested today owing to a variety of causes, are generally defined by the triangle formed by the Delaware River, Frankford Avenue, and York Street. It is located directly northeast of Center City.
Is Northeast Philadelphia Nice?
Northeast Philadelphia, like much of the city of Philadelphia, has experienced a resurgence in popularity. The Northeast Philadelphia region is becoming increasingly appealing due to its proximity to the center city, its cuisine from across the world, its family-friendly activities, its affordability, and a host of other advantages.
Is Fairmount area safe?
Safety. Every year, one violent crime and twenty-eight property crimes occur in the Fairmount Park area of Philadelphia. Philadelphia, on the other hand, has a property crime rate of 34.42 per 1,000 residents, although the national average is just 27.3 per 1,000 inhabitants.
Is Northern Liberties a good neighborhood?
Located in the heart of Philadelphia, Northern Liberties is an excellent area for young entrepreneurs, young families, and college students. A excellent location for foodies who want to explore all of the fantastic eateries in and around the area.
Is the Northern Liberties safe?
Safety. While crime in Northern Liberties is relatively low when compared to the rest of the city, the neighborhood is not immune to it. Burglaries, thefts, and other types of property-related crimes are common in the region, and they are typically non-violent in nature.
Where should I not live in Philadelphia?
The following are the most hazardous neighborhoods in Philadelphia that you should avoid:
- Harrowgate, Tioga-Nicetown, Alleghany West, North Central Philadelphia, Strawberry Mansion, and Tioga-Nicetown
Where do black professionals live in Philadelphia?
Three of the best Philadelphia suburbs for black families may be found here.
- Olney. In the Olney neighborhood, there are around 20,000 inhabitants, with the majority of them being African-Americans.
- West Philadelphia.
- Tioga – Nicetown.
- Alleghany West.
- Strawberry Mansion