Philadelphia, Pennsylvania’s Most Dangerous Neighborhoods
- The population of Tioga-Nicetown is 17,382. The population of Alleghany West is 18,676. The population of North Central is 21,880. The population of Strawberry Mansion is 19,690. The population of Harrowgate is 17,456. The population of Haddington-Carroll Park is 35,068. The population of Brewerytown is 10,658. The population of Haddington-Carroll Park is 35,068. The population of Fairhill is 27,298.
Which neighborhoods in Philadelphia are the most unsafe to live in?
- Kingsessing, which is located in Southwest Philadelphia, is often recognized as one of the city’s most hazardous areas. Despite the fact that many of the residents of the neighborhood are proud working class people, the neighborhood continues to be plagued by various forms of risk.
- 1 What part of Philadelphia is unsafe?
- 2 Which part of Philadelphia is safest?
- 3 Is North Philly bad?
- 4 Is Upenn in a safe area?
- 5 Is East Falls Philadelphia Safe?
- 6 Is Philadelphia safer than NYC?
- 7 Where is the best neighborhood to stay in Philadelphia?
- 8 Is South Philly safe?
- 9 Is South Philadelphia a safe area?
- 10 Is Northeast Philly safe?
- 11 Is Cornell safe?
- 12 Is UPenn in the hood?
- 13 Is Wharton Philadelphia safe?
What part of Philadelphia is unsafe?
1. Tioga-Nicetown (Tioga-Nicetown is a fusion of Tioga and Nicetown). A crime rate that is 201 percent higher than the Philadelphia average is found in the Tioga-Nicetown area, which has a population of 17,382 people and is now the most hazardous neighborhood in Philadelphia.
Which part of Philadelphia is safest?
The Philadelphia Neighborhoods with the Highest Level of Safety
- Chestnut Hill is a neighborhood in Philadelphia. In Philadelphia, Chestnut Hill is at the top of the list of neighborhoods with low levels of violent crime and theft of personal property. Other neighborhoods on the list include Fishtown, Old City, Center City, Fairmount-Spring Garden, Northern Liberties, Bella Vista, and Somerton.
Is North Philly bad?
Despite the fact that other impoverished Philadelphia districts are renowned for open-air drug dealing as well as open-air drug use, the “North Philly Badlands” are well-known around the country for this practice. Many North Philadelphia neighborhoods are in disarray, and there are numerous abandoned houses and vacant lots to be found.
Is Upenn in a safe area?
According to Security Magazine’s “Security 500” ranking, the University of Pennsylvania has maintained its position as the top safety and security institution in the higher education sector for the tenth consecutive year. 5
Is East Falls Philadelphia Safe?
East Falls is a small town in the United States that is located in the northeastern part of the state. There were the third fewest violent crimes and the fourth fewest property crimes per person, all of which contributed to a low potential for inhabitants to become victims of any form of crime—a one in 47 chance, according to the statistics.
Is Philadelphia safer than NYC?
In 2018, there were 295 murders in New York City, which is less than the 351 homicides in Philadelphia, despite the fact that the city has a population five times that of Philadelphia. Philadelphia is ranked 40th on the list of the most hazardous cities in the United States. The presence of a high rate of violent crime in a city does not always imply that the entire city is unsafe.
Where is the best neighborhood to stay in Philadelphia?
The most desirable neighborhoods to remain in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- A great area to stay in Philadelphia is Old City, which includes the best hotels in downtown Philadelphia, Center City, which includes the best hotels in downtown Philadelphia, Benjamin Franklin Parkway, which includes luxury hotels in Philadelphia, Rittenhouse Square, which includes luxury hotels in Philadelphia, and South Philly, which includes cheap accommodation in Philadelphia.
Is South Philly safe?
There is a high level of safety across the campus. The immediate vicinity (about four blocks) is relatively secure. Things begin to alter beyond that point, depending on the course taken. After passing 40th street, you will be entering West Philadelphia, which is not the most pleasant neighborhood to be in.
Is South Philadelphia a safe area?
Located in the heart of Philadelphia, South Philadelphia is a sprawling area with a diverse range of neighborhoods, some of which are fairly safe and others which are highly dangerous. Hunting Park has a reputation for being one of Philadelphia’s most hazardous neighborhoods, and this reputation is well-deserved. From January to March 2018, there were a total of 125 or more attacks in the region. That equates to approximately 41 attacks every month on average.
Is Northeast Philly safe?
Generally speaking, the neighborhoods of Center City, South Philadelphia, Northeast Philadelphia, and the suburban portions of the Northwest Philadelphia region are in good shape. The neighborhoods directly to the north of Center City, such as Northern Liberties and Fairmount, are likewise also considered to be rather secure.
Is Cornell safe?
725 incidents were reported in total, according to overall crime statistics. Students on or near campus or other Cornell linked facilities were involved in 725 safety-related events, according to Cornell University’s annual report for 2019. Three thousand nine hundred and ninety-nine colleges and institutions that reported crime and safety statistics reported 3,917 occurrences or fewer than this.
Is UPenn in the hood?
Yes. Located right over the Schuylkill River from Center City Philadelphia, University City is home to the University of Pennsylvania. In addition to having its own police department, Penn boasts a plethora of options for students who feel uncomfortable going around campus alone at night.
Is Wharton Philadelphia safe?
There is more activity on Wharton than on other streets, and there is a police station at 11th Wharton to provide further reassurance. Although it is a fairly safe area, it is always a good idea to be aware of your surroundings, as is the case on all city streets.