Philadelphia, Pennsylvania’s 4 Most Dangerous Neighborhoods
- Tioga-Nicetown. Tioga-Nicetown, which has a population of 17,382, has a crime rate that is 201 percent higher than the Philadelphia average, making it the city’s most hazardous neighborhood at the moment. Alleghany West
- North Central
- Strawberry Mansion
- Alleghany West
Which neighborhoods in Philadelphia are the most unsafe to live in?
- Theft, burglary, and forgeries are all examples of property crime. The rate of violent crimes in Philadelphia is 139 percent greater than the national average in the United States. Criminal activity is concentrated in regions such as Hunting Park, Elmwood, Fairhill, and Strawberry Mansion, among other places. List and discussion of the most hazardous neighborhoods in Philadelphia are included in the next section.
- 1 Which part of Philadelphia is safest?
- 2 What are safe areas to live in Philadelphia?
- 3 Is North Philly a bad area?
- 4 Is Philadelphia safer than NYC?
- 5 What parts of Philadelphia should I avoid?
- 6 Why is Philadelphia so dirty?
- 7 Is it safe to live in Philly?
- 8 Is South Philly safe?
- 9 What is the poorest part of Philadelphia?
- 10 Is South Philadelphia a safe area?
- 11 Is Pittsburgh or Philadelphia safer?
- 12 Is Philadelphia safe at night?
- 13 What city in US has the highest crime rate?
Which part of Philadelphia is safest?
The Philadelphia Neighborhoods with the Highest Level of Safety
- Chestnut Hill is a neighborhood in Philadelphia. In Philadelphia, Chestnut Hill is at the top of the list of neighborhoods with low levels of violent crime and theft of personal property. Other neighborhoods on the list include Fishtown, Old City, Center City, Fairmount-Spring Garden, Northern Liberties, Bella Vista, and Somerton.
What are safe areas to live in Philadelphia?
The following are the top ten safest neighborhoods in the city of Philadelphia:
- Chestnut Hill
- Fairmount-Spring Garden
- East Falls
- Mount Airy
- Chestnut Hill
Is North Philly a bad area?
The majority of the people that live in North Philadelphia are from very impoverished backgrounds. North Philadelphia is not a popular tourist destination, despite the fact that it is home to a number of historically significant sites. Philadelphia is a rather safe city on the overall. The vast majority of crimes and killings are isolated incidents that are virtually invariably drug-related.
Is Philadelphia safer than NYC?
In 2018, there were 295 murders in New York City, which is less than the 351 homicides in Philadelphia, despite the fact that the city has a population five times that of Philadelphia. Philadelphia is ranked 40th on the list of the most hazardous cities in the United States. The presence of a high rate of violent crime in a city does not always imply that the entire city is unsafe.
What parts of Philadelphia should I avoid?
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania’s Most Dangerous Neighborhoods
- The population of Tioga-Nicetown is 17,382. The population of Alleghany West is 18,676. The population of North Central is 21,880. The population of Strawberry Mansion is 19,690. The population of Harrowgate is 17,456. The population of Haddington-Carroll Park is 35,068. The population of Brewerytown is 10,658. The population of Haddington-Carroll Park is 35,068. The population of Fairhill is 27,298.
Why is Philadelphia so dirty?
Originally Answered: What is it about Philadelphia that is so filthy? Because the vast majority of its residents have little regard for their immediate surroundings. I lived in Philadelphia for 15 years before deciding to leave because of the unpleasant people and the trash that was littered over the city. It is not for nothing that the city is dubbed “Filthadelphia.”
Is it safe to live in Philly?
What causes Philadelphia to be so filthy? was the question that was first answered. This is because the vast majority of its residents have little regard for their surroundings. It took me 15 years to ultimately leave Philadelphia because of the unpleasant people and the trash that was littered around the city. Not for nothing is the city known as “Filthadelphia.”
Is South Philly safe?
There is a high level of safety across the campus. The immediate vicinity (about four blocks) is relatively secure. Things begin to alter beyond that point, depending on the course taken. After passing 40th street, you will be entering West Philadelphia, which is not the most pleasant neighborhood to be in.
What is the poorest part of Philadelphia?
It is a region of North Philadelphia and Lower Northeast Philadelphia in the Pennsylvania city of Philadelphia, United States, that is notorious for having a large number of open-air recreational drug markets and for being a hotbed of drug-related violence.
Is South Philadelphia a safe area?
Located in the heart of Philadelphia, South Philadelphia is a sprawling area with a diverse range of neighborhoods, some of which are fairly safe and others which are highly dangerous. Hunting Park has a reputation for being one of Philadelphia’s most hazardous neighborhoods, and this reputation is well-deserved. From January to March 2018, there were a total of 125 or more attacks in the region. That equates to approximately 41 attacks every month on average.
Is Pittsburgh or Philadelphia safer?
Although neither Pittsburgh nor Philadelphia are recognized for having a high level of safety, one of the advantages of living in Pittsburgh is that it is a little safer than living in Philadelphia. In Pittsburgh, the rate of violent crime is lower than in Philadelphia, but the rate of property crime in both cities is roughly the same as in Pittsburgh.
Is Philadelphia safe at night?
Downtown Philadelphia is generally considered to be a safe place to visit. During the day, it is a large and lively metropolis with a large number of people in attendance. During the night, it is not as brightly illuminated as New York, so be aware of your surroundings, remain in well-lit areas, and avoid interacting with the homeless population.
What city in US has the highest crime rate?
Memphis, Tennessee, had around 2,351.99 violent offenses per 100,000 persons in 2020, according to the FBI. Memphis became the most deadly city in the United States as a result of this.